Monday 22 November 2010

Pashley update

Pulled the bikes out of the garage as the leather treatment on the Brooks saddles had dried and been polished off.

This allowed us to refit the saddles, check the bikes over properly, and figure out how to operate the child seat (more on that in a later post, but we bought a rear child seat for our daughter)

I adjusted my brake levers slightly so they are in easier reach of my fingers without stretching, and fitted my Carradice saddlebag (again, more on that in a later post) but otherwise, all was good.

Now for upgrades... honestly, the Pashleys dont need much if any upgrading, but I am not a fan of plastic grips on handlebars.  Therefore couldnt resist Brooks leather grips to match my Brooks saddle.  Placed and order and they will be fitted later in the week.


These are very clever grips and reported to be supremely comfortable.  The grip is made of rings of leather held together by aluminium ends and spokes running through them.  Good eh?


No comments:

Post a Comment